Sunday, August 19, 2012

Corn Chowder - needs CPR!

I've been addicted to Pinterest lately. (But who hasn't?) I found this recipe for Sweet Corn Soup. I decided to make it tonight. Ick. However... here's how I think it could be made better:

1/2 medium onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, pressed
2 T butter
(Saute these for a few minutes until browned.)
To this mixture, add 2 c water. Boil.
Add 8 ears of fresh corn, removed from cob
Simmer this for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and pour into a food processor. Blend until smooth. Then add 1/2 - 1 cup half and half. Blend some more. Taste. Add salt/pepper/whatever your favorite seasonings are. Or more half and half. Use your tastebuds.
Serve with bacon bits, sour cream (if you think it needs a little more dairy oomph), and croutons.
I know the original recipe was meant to be healthier... but healthy doesn't have to mean yucky. I was so overwhelmed with onion taste and it was so extremely runny in the original version... it was bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment